European Union finances in the context of research and science - Günther Oettinger visiting Poland
Support within the scope of research and innovation in the years 2021-2027, Multiannual Financial Framework, increasing Europe's competitiveness on the global market and strengthening the economy innovativeness - these are the main topics discussed during Günther Oettinger's visit. The meetings with EU Commissioner for Budget and Human Resources were attended by Jarosław Gowin, Minister of Science and Higher Education, Jadwiga Emilewicz, Minister of Entrepreneurship and Technology, Wojciech Maksymowicz, Undersecretary of State at the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, Piotr Dardziński, President of the Łukasiewicz Research Network and Andrzej Sadoś, Ambassador.
Support in the area of research and innovation
2021-2027 support mainly aims at increasing economy productivity. This achievement enables measures focused on strengthening the economy innovativeness, as well as restructuring and modernization of SME sector. Support during all stages of innovation is crucial to achieving these objectives. Science and higher education institutions cooperating with economic entities play an important role. These activities will concern:
- support for the development of R&D activity of enterprises and consortia along with their participation,
- support for implementation of R&D results,
- support for the development of cooperation between enterprises, the scientific sector and public sector entities in the process of creation, development and implementation of innovations,
- support for increasing the supply of innovations from the science sector - development of human resources, cooperation between institutions (including renowned foreign research centres) and technical resources necessary to conduct industrial research and development works, directing public R&D works at selected problem areas crucial in modern economy,
- support for development of intellectual property protection system,
- support for development of knowledge diffusion mechanisms in economy (technology transfer),
- support for R&D infrastructure (especially in enterprises).
Horizon Europe Framework Programme
A significant challenge for the EU, indicated in the "Polish Position Paper on Future Framework Programme - EU support for scientific, technological and social development" presented by Deputy Prime Minister Jarosław Gowin in April 2017 in Brussels constitutes increasing Europe's competitiveness on the global market. Main political objective of Horizon Europe should include building consistent European market of research and innovation through fully exploiting all EU countries’ potential and implementing project results implemented in all Member States.