New rules for academic and scientific cooperation between Bulgaria and Poland
The exchange of academic teachers, experts and students, support of Polish and Bulgarian language teaching, sharing up-to-date information on education and training systems, as well as cooperation in support of higher education in the spirit of European integration constitute the main objectives of the Polish-Bulgarian cooperation within the field of higher education. The implementation programme for the years 2018-2022 was signed by Polish and Bulgarian representatives - Jarosław Gowin, Minister of Science and Higher Education and respectively - Krasimir Valchev, Bulgarian Minister of Education and Science.
What exactly does the new programme entail?
- Exchange of academic staff - both research workers and faculty members - within the framework of internships lasting from 1 to 10 months,
- exchange of students of Polish and Bulgarian philology and language teachers within the framework of summer language courses - up to nine people a year,
- acceptance of doctoral students for placement in public education institutions for up to 10 months, in accordance with national legislation,
- admission of students under an annual limit for up to 24 months of education, with a minimum stay of one semester, i.e. 4 months,
- admission of up to 5 students of Polish and Bulgarian philology for one semester of studies,
- exchange of teachers, including specialists in Bulgarian language and literature, as well as Polish language and literature.
Deputy Prime Minister Jarosław Gowin: I am glad to be finalizing a document which will define the principles of academic and scientific cooperation between Bulgaria and Poland
- I am glad to be finalizing a document which will define the principles of academic and scientific cooperation between Bulgaria and Poland for several years to come. A combined effort resulted in developing a document having the rank of an international agreement. It provides a stable basis for the cooperation - said Jarosław Gowin, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Science and Higher Education. – I would like to assure you that the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education is ready to further enhance our cooperation!" added the Deputy Prime Minister, addressing Minister Krasimir Valchev.
Cooperation in higher education and research hitherto
Cooperation between Poland and Bulgaria is based on the Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Poland and the Government of the Republic of Bulgaria on Cultural and Scientific Cooperation, signed in Warsaw in 1993. It involves concluding periodic implementation programmes. Signing of the new programme for the years 2018-2022 enables continuation of the current cooperation, and the document will constitute a separate international agreement of an implementing nature in the face of the 1993 agreement.