In order to ensure the highest quality of our services, we use small files called cookies. When using our website, the cookie files are downloaded onto your device. You can change the settings of your browser at any time. In addition, your use of our website is tantamount to your consent to the processing of your personal data provided by electronic means.

Visa Information for Hong Kong/ Macau

Special information regarding visa applications:

Due to the current covid-19 epidemic situation and temporary restrictions for entering the territory of the Republic of Poland for certain categories of foreigners, the Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in Hong Kong currently accepts only certain types of visa applications.

For more information visit the "Consular News" section. 

Visa Information


  • The Consulate General of the Republic of Poland kindly informs all applicants, that it is obligatory to register the visa application on-line prior visiting the Consulate.
  • Registration can be done via on-line platform:
  • Applicants must appear personally to apply for the visa.
  • The visa process takes 15 calendar days counting from the date of submitting the application. However, the time may vary according to the case nature and number of applications submitted at the same time.
  • All the documents must be translated to English.
  • Visa fee: 700HKD ( as the equivalent of 80 EURO ) in cash in HKD only.
  • The Consulate reserves the right to require additional documentation at any time.

Please note:

Obtaining a Schengen (C) or National (D) visa does not guarantee entering the territory of Schengen or Poland. The final decision is to be taken by the Border Guard Officer at the point of entry to Schengen Zone.



  • registered application form filled out on-line, must be printed out and signed by the applicant; all entries should be properly filled out - (no blanks).
  • 1 passport size photograph (please verify below requirements).

PHOTO format requirements:

* size of photograph: 3,5 X 4,5 cm

* sharp and in color, printed on high-quality paper with a bright background

* not older than 6 months, enabling identification of applying person

* "en face" - face straight to the objective, both sides of the face need to be visible

* photograph must show a person from top of head to shoulders

* size of the head should cover 70-80% of vertical length of a photo

* head must be uncovered and unveiled, face must not be covered by hair, eyes must be visible, mouth must be shut


* glasses must not be dark

* eyes must be visible through frames

* glasses must not reflect the light


* chin, forehead and both cheeks must be clearly visible

* face must not be shadowed by head cover

  • passport issued within last ten years, must be valid for at least 3 months calculating from the date of intended departure from the Schengen Area, with at least two blank visa pages;
  • an original and copy of HK ID card;
  • travel medical insurance certificate and its copy,

    Medical insurance for Schengen visa must meet the following criteria:

*Minimum coverage of at least 30,000 EUR (equivalent to 50,000 USD).

*It should cover all member states of the Schengen Area.

*Cover any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent health attention and/or emergency hospital treatment or death.

  • proof of solvency (for example, bank statements for the last three months or another proof of regular income);
  • proof of accommodation (for example, an official invitation or a hotel booking or reservation);
  • documents confirming the purpose of your stay in Poland. For example:
    • invitation letter / officially registered invitation ("ZAPROSZENIE"). Please note that there is no obligation is registering official invitation in Poland by the host person - this procedure is a choice as it is connected with legal responsibilities. An invitation letter issued by the host person (and not registered at "urząd wojewódzki") must indicate the dates of the trip and relations between the host and applicant. Letter must be either presented in original or sent directly to the Consulate (fax, e-mail or post). Invitation issued by appropriate Polish local authorities must be presented in original;
    • travel itinerary, providing clear evidence of the applicant’s travel plans (transportation booking, hotel reservations, etc.).



  • work permit (original document issued by relevant Polish local authorities must be presented). Employment without prior authorization and relevant visa is strictly prohibited. Work permit presented at the Consulate shall not be returned as it is archived with the entire documentation of the applicant. There is an additional original issued to the Employer by the Polish Authorities for whatever purpose it may serve.
  • employer's written declaration: the employer's letter must confirm the intention to employ the foreigner as well as place and character of employment.
  • proof of solvency (for example, bank statements for the last three months or another proof of regular income: a letter from the employer stating the name of the employer, the name of the employee, his/her job title, annual salary, date of employment and if relevant, the duration of his/her contract);
  • proof of accommodation during stay in Poland;
  • medical insurance (insurance certificate must cover the travelling period as well as the time until the actual commencement of performing duties, eg. indicated by the agreement).


  • original document of recent letter from the school or university. The letter should be addressed to the Consulate. Students should ensure that the letter includes information about the type of study, course duration and intended period of leaving Poland for holidays with confirmation of the fee payment;
  • proof of solvency (for example: bank statements for the last three months or another proof of regular income: e.g. a letter from the university for students getting a scholarship or proof of rent payments);
  • proof of accommodation (for intended stay in Poland);
  • medical insurance (insurance certificate must cover the travelling period as well as the time of stay in Poland unless there is a separate insurance issued by the university/school).

Additionally, when applying for a visa for a minor you should present:


  • a written consent of the minor’s parents to apply for a visa;
  • if the minor is travelling alone or with only one parent: a notary certificate of permission to travel from the other parent;
  • originals and copies of parents' passports;
  • an original and a copy of a minor’s birth certificate.


Simplified Visa procedure for family members of EU citizens

Who is eligible:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This procedure applies only to family members of EU nationals who do not have Polish citizenship or do not have a permanent residence in Poland.

EU nationals include:

  • nationals of EU member states,
  • nationals of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.

A family member of an EU national is:

  • a spouse,
  • a child under 21 who is dependent on an EU national or his/her spouse,
  • a parent (the dependent direct relatives in the ascending line and those of the spouse who are dependent on an EU national, his/her spouse).

Under the procedure you are eligible to submit your visa application free of charge

Required documents:

  • a printed and signed visa application (filled in online)
  • recent photo in colour 35 x 45 mm size,
  • passport (valid for at least three months from the date of the planned departure from Poland or the Schengen area, it should contain at least two blank pages and it should have been issued within the last 10 years)
  • an original and a copy of HK ID card;
  • a document confirming marriage or partnership with an EU national (original marriage certificate, birth certificate or proof of dependency, they should be in English or in Polish);
  • a passport or ID of an EU/EEA national's spouse, child;
  • a document confirming that an applicant accompanies an EU national in his/her journey or join him/her in their place of residence (booked travel tickets or a written confirmation from an EU/EEA national's spouse).


List of supporting documents to be submitted in Hong Kong and Macao by applicants for Schengen visas
List​_of​_supporting​_documents​_to​_be​_submitted​_in​_Hong​_Kong​_and​_Macao​_by​_applicants​_for​_Schengen​_visas.pdf 0.41MB