oint maneuvers are the evidence of allied solidarity
- We are in a special place, 20 years ago Poland joined the North Atlantic Alliance. Here, soldiers of the 15th Mechanized Brigade and soldiers of units from the United States, Great Britain, Romania and Croatia train every day in Orzysz. This is the evidence of our solidarity, this is the dimension of our skills, the skills of allied troops - informed Mariusz Blaszczak, the Minister of National Defence during joint maneuvers of the Polish Armed Forces and the NATO battle group led by the United States.
On WednesdaOy, March 6, 2019, at the training area in Orzysz, the Minister of National Defence together with the President of the Republic of Poland Andrzej Duda met with the soldiers of the 15th Mechanized Brigade and soldiers from the USA, Great Britain, Romania and Croatia forming the Multinational NATO battle group stationing in Poland as part of the enhanced Forward Presence of the Alliance on the eastern flank.
- We have seen exactly how the soldiers of allied armies cooperate with each other, we have seen that they perfectly know the advantages of the equipment, which are in use in particular armies - Defence Minister Mariusz Błaszczak emphasized after the maneuvers.
The visit of the superior of the Polish Armed Forces and the minister of national defence in Orzysz is the next stage of the so-called NATO Week - meetings of President Andrzej Duda and Defence Minister Mariusz Błaszczak with soldiers of the North Atlantic Alliance on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of Poland's membership in the North Atlantic Alliance.
During the joint exercises, the soldiers carried out defensive actions using helicopters, tanks, armored personnel carriers, or armato-haubs and mortars. The presented episodes required the cooperation of NATO troops.
- In Poland, many NATO institutions have appeared for 20 years. It was the decision of the allies during the summit in Warsaw that allied forces were stationed in Orzysz. I would also like to emphasize that together with Mr President last year we participated in the certification of the Multinational Division North-East Headquarters in Elbląg, and so this is also an important element of the North Atlantic Alliance command structure. All this makes the defence system of our country coherent, it all makes us feel safe in the framework of the North Atlantic Alliance - emphasized Minister Mariusz Błaszczak.
After the maneuvers finished, the president and the minister also observed a demonstration of evacuation of a protected person by the soldiers of the Military Police and training of the martial arts as part of the Warrior Project.
President Andrzej Duda distinguished the commanders of the national components: British, Croatian, Romanian, American commander of the NATO battle group and commander of the 15. Mechanized Brigade with the flag of the Republic of Poland.
- This is such an eloquent demonstration of the presence of the North Atlantic Alliance in our country and on the eastern flank of the Alliance. I hope that this presence will deepen over the years, it will grow, that we will not only have present soldiers from various armies of the North Atlantic Alliance in Poland, but that there will also be exercises in Poland, because it is extremely important that soldiers can practice together of various tactical tasks - said President Andrzej Duda.
The superior of the armed forces together with the minister of national defence talked with soldiers stationed in Orzysz, stressing that the Polish, American, British, Romanian and Croatian forces protect Poland and the eastern flank of the Alliance.
- Military institutions are prepared to perform their functions, including training. All this makes the defense system of our country coherent, that we can feel safe within NATO - emphasized minister Błaszczak.
The head of the Defense Ministry announced that on Monday, March 11, together with the president, they would meet with NATO soldiers in the command of the multinational corps in Szczecin and invited to celebrate the 20th anniversary with soldiers:
- On Saturday, 9 March - picnics organized by Polish Army units will take place in 20 Polish cities. I cordially invite you, it will also be a form of familiarization with the equipment of the Polish Armed Forces. 20 years of Poland in NATO is an important event and I am very happy that together with Mr President I can mark this date - summed up the minister.