Youth Mobility Program Poland-Canada
The purpose of the «Youth Mobility Program Poland-Canada» is to simplify administrative procedures applicable when young citizens of Poland and Canada intend to enter and stay in the territory of other country to complement their post-secondary education or training, to acquire work experience and to improve their knowledge of other's languages, culture and society.
Check out what young Canadians say about studying in Poland!
The Program allows Canadian citizens between ages of 18 and 35 to live and work in Poland up to a year, under one of the following categories:
- Professional development
Gain professional work experience to better compete in a global economy! This program is designed for young professionals, including students and post-secondary graduates, wishing to gain further training in their field under a pre-arranged contract of employment or internship contract (up to 12 months). Work permit in Poland is not required!
- Internship / On-the-Job Training
Acquire valuable overseas work experience related to your field of study! This program is designed for students who intend to complete part of their academic curriculum by undertaking internship or work placement arranged by agreement between educational institutions (up to 12 months). Work permit in Poland is not required!
- Working-Holiday Program
Fund your vacation with temporary work in Poland! This program is designed for young citizens, including registered students in their home country, who intend to travel in the host country and who wish to obtain paid employment on an occasional basis in order to supplement their financial resources. A statement confirming that the purpose of your stay in Poland is training and learning is needed (up to 12 months). Work permit in Poland is not required!
WHERE AND HOW TO APPLY:
You can apply at one of the consular offices of Poland in Canada - see the section "Embassy & Consulates" for contact information and opening hours.
You can book your appointment to apply for a visa under Youth Mobility Program via the e-konsulat system. Visiting hours depend on the consular office you will choose to submit your application (Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver) - you will choose the date and the time of the visit suitable for you once you register for a visit in one of the consular offices via the e-konsulat system.
Visa application form must be submitted in person. Diplomatic mission does not accept application forms sent via fax, regular mail or e-mail.
- National Visa Application Form (printed, dated and signed) – the form can be found and it should be filled in via the e-Konsulat portal (please choose the national visa form).
- Filled-in Declaration.
- Up-to-date basic curriculum vitae.
- Canadian passport – must be valid for at least 3 months from the date of intended departure from Poland with at least one blank visa page.
- Two passport size identity photos.
- Travel itinerary reservation for the flight back or proof of sufficient financial means to buy one.
- Travel medical insurance valid for the entire length of your stay in the Schengen zone, covering medicine, hospitalization, repatriation, death, pregnancy, for a minimum of $50,000 CAD.
a) You have to apply for a visa with a letter from your insurance company (a copy of your insurance card is not enough) certifying:
- your name;
- validity in all Schengen area;
- exact coverage dates (effective date and expiry date must be the same as your intended date of arrival in the Schengen area and intended date of departure from Schengen area - based on your flight tickets; statements e.g. "valid up to 90 days outside the province" will not be accepted);
- detailed plan coverage (covering at least: medicine, hospitalization, repatriation, death, pregnancy);
- sum insured (at least 50,000 CAD);
- no deductibles.
b) If you are covered by your credit card company or school or work place, you have to contact the insurance provider and bring an official letter as mentioned above.
c) If your insurance company does not provide such a coverage, you have to find an international insurance and also provide the letter mentioned above.
Pre-arranged contract of employment, internship contract or volunteering contract/invitation (up to 12 months) – signed, on company letterhead, with address and contact phone of the company. This document must specify the dates, duration, salary and duties related to your job or internship (for Youth Mobility Program’s participant travelling to Poland under “Professional development” scheme).
Documentation proving registration at a post-secondary institution in Canada and demonstrate that you have been granted consent to undertake compulsory internship or traineeship in Poland. This document must specify the dates, duration, salary and duties related to your job or internship (for Youth Mobility Program’s participant travelling to Poland under “Internship / On-the-Job Training” scheme).
A statement confirming that purpose of your stay in Poland is training and learning and a declaration of intent to offer employment from the prospective Polish employer (for Youth Mobility Program’s participant travelling to Poland under “Working-Holiday Program” scheme).
The participation fee is 150 CAD.
Acceptable forms of payment: cash, money order or certified bank checks. Personal checks / debit cards / credit cards are not accepted.
Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Poland and the Government of Canada concerning the promotion of mobility of young citizens (the text of the agreement can be downloaded here).
MaterialsAgreement concerning the promotion of mobility of young citizens
Umowa_YMP_-_ang.pdf 0.21MB Declaration