Head of the National Revenue Administration’s Data Processing Notice
The Controller of your data is the Head of the National Revenue Administration, whose Office is located in Warsaw (00-916 Warszawa), ul. Świętokrzyska 12.
DATA CONTROLLER’S CONTACT DETAILS
The Controller may be contacted in writing at the address of his Office.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER’S CONTACT DETAILS
The Minister of Finance has appointed a Data Protection Officer, who you can contact by e-mail at: IOD@mf.gov.pl. The Data Protection Officer may be contacted about all matters related to personal data processing and using the rights associated with data processing.
PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING
The purpose of processing your data is for the Controller to fulfil his statutory duties in accordance with applicable laws, especially:
- collection and reimbursement of taxes and customs duties, and recovery of the State Treasury’s receivables;
- control over exports and imports;
- fighting tax, financial and border crime, especially money laundering and terrorist financing.
Your personal data may be made available and transferred to public authorities, public services, courts of law and prosecutors’ offices, in accordance with applicable laws.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA TO A THIRD COUNTRY OR TO AN INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATION
In justified cases and on the basis of appropriate legislation, your personal data may be received by entities authorised to receive it, including in third countries which are not EU Member States.
PERIOD OF DATA RETENTION
Your personal data will be stored for a period necessary to achieve the purpose of its processing, but not shorter than the period prescribed by the applicable archiving legislation.
DATA SUBJECTS’ RIGHTS
You have the right to:
- access your data, on the condition that the personal data which is made available must neither disclose undisclosed information nor infringe on lawful secrets which the Controller has the duty to preserve, and with due regard to A 5 of the 10 May 2018 Personal Data Protection Act;
- have your data rectified;
- have the processing of your data restricted.
RIGHT TO COMPLAIN TO A DATA PROTECTION AUTHORITY
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in charge of personal data protection in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
Biuro Prezesa Urzędu Ochrony Danych Osobowych (PUODO) [Office of the Head of the Personal Data Protection Authority]
Address: Stawki 2, 00-193 Warszawa, Poland
Phone: +48 22 531 03 00
SOURCES OF PERSONAL DATA
The data originates with Data Subjects themselves, as well as with institutions and authorities, in accordance with applicable laws.
INFORMATION ON THE OBLIGATION OR LACK OF OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE DATA
Provision of personal data is obligatory in accordance with applicable laws.
AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING AND PROFILING
Your data may be processed in an automated way, which may involve automated decision-making, including profiling, performed by the Controller in accordance with applicable laws. It applies to the following cases:
- performing a risk analysis of law violations where the analysis is conducted on the basis of data declared in submitted documents, using certain criteria,
- performing a risk analysis of law violations where the analysis is conducted on the basis of data gathered from public registers and social media, using certain criteria.
As a consequence of the above analysis, in the above-mentioned cases, the Data Subject is automatically classified into a risk group. Being classified into the unacceptable risk group might result in a change of relation and additional measures being initiated in accordance with applicable laws.